Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tattling Box!!!!!!!

{Right after recess...} "Mrs. A..... _______ pushed me!!!!"
Oh...the joys of tattling in first grade! As much as I love my students, I can honestly say I do not enjoy hearing about every single little thing that happens, which they really could be learning to solve themselves! The funny thing is that as soon as I put my hand on the door to open my classroom after recess...I can almost feel the tattles knocking! Even when I am trying to test my students at the back table, I have some students that find it so hard to solve their own small problems.

So....what did I do to be a problem solver myself? Well..I'm trying out something I like to call my "boo-boo" box. It's a box where students can fill out a "boo-boo on my heart" form for anything that might be bothering them. I purposely made this form a full page, in the hopes that my students will decide that it's too much trouble to fill it out and perhaps....just perhaps...could start becoming more proactive problem solvers! (cross my fingers and toes) Of course I tell my students that for "big" problems, (getting hurt or something more serious in nature) that it's ok to come to me... but for other things...they need to start writing it down and feeding our boo boo box. Let's hope it works!


Here is a picture of my boo boo box:




I know it could look a whole lot cooler, but I was trying to work on it with my 2 sons and they had a blast sticking bandaids all over the box. Maybe next year I'll go for a fancier design. :)


Here is the BooBoo Tattling form that I use. You can also download a free copy from my TPT store

Enjoy! :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment